Welcome To Holarn's Blog

Your one stop for the latest Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, CelebWorld and African Entertainment World.

Tuesday, March 17

Azealia Banks Cover ‘Playboy' Magazine Latest Issue And Talk About Been An American Racist

Azealia Amanda Banks an American rapper, singer, and songwriter covers the latest issue of the playboy magazine...

Right now, I know people are having different kind of thought when 'playboy' magazine happens to be the head title, well you can think about nudes but the issue has yet to hit newsstands, so it's only new photos from the spread (no nudes yet; sorry, guys) and interview tidbits have surfaced online...

In the interview, the female rapper share her thoughts on America, racism and being labelled an angry black woman...

Read below :

On America being racist:

"I hate fat white Americans. All the people who are crunched into the middle of America, the real fat and meat of America, are these racist conservative white people who live on their farms. Those little teenage girls who work at Kmart and have a racist grandma – that's really America."

On race and being labelled angry:

"It's always about race. Lorde can run her mouth and talk sh*t about all these other b*tches, but y'all aren't saying she's angry. If I have something to say, I get pushed into the corner. Y'all motherf*ckers still owe me reparations! That's why it's still about race."

"I get upset when people are like, 'Why don't you just make music?' What would happen if I couldn't sing? Then I'd just be another black b*tch to y'all. It's really f*cking annoying. Black people need reparations for building this country, and we deserve way more f*cking credit and respect."

On her right to speak slang:

"When you rip a people from their land, from their customs, from their culture, there's still a piece of me that knows I'm not supposed to be speaking English. I'm not supposed to be worshipping Jesus Christ. All this sh*t is unnatural to me. People will be like, 'Oh, you're ignorant because you don't speak proper English.' No. This is not mine. I don't even want this sh*t, so I'm going to do whatever the f*ck I want with this language. I'm going to call you a f*g or a cracker or a b*tch."

On U.S. History textbooks and the need for black Americans to know their history:

"The history textbooks in the U.S. are the worst if you're not white."

"Young black kids should have their own special curriculum that doesn't start from the boat ride over from Africa. All you know as a black kid is we came over here on a boat, we didn't have anything, and we still don't have anything. But what was happening in Africa? What culture were we pulled away from? That information is vital to the survival of a young black soul."

On Jay Z not trying to be accepted by White America like Pharrell and Kanye West:

"That's the only person I have my eye set on. The race thing always comes up, but I want to get there being very black and proud and boisterous about it. You get what I mean? A lot of times when you're a black woman and you're proud, that's why people don't like you. In American society, the game is to be a nonthreatening black person. That's why you have Pharrell or Kendrick Lamar saying, 'How can we expect people to respect us if we don't respect ourselves?' He's playing that non-threatening black man sh*t, and that gets all the white soccer moms going, 'We love him.' Even Kanye West plays a little bit of that game – 'Please accept me, white world.' Jay Z hasn't played any of those games, and that's what I like."

No comments:

Post a Comment