Welcome To Holarn's Blog

Your one stop for the latest Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, CelebWorld and African Entertainment World.

Wednesday, July 8

Michael Jordan Is My Mentor - Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar said Michael Jordan is his mentor... During his recent interview with Mary Anny Hobbs on BBC 6 Music Weekend Breakfast show.

Lamar reflected on fanning Jordan when he was a child and explained how the athlete became the reason he picked the mic, even though Michael had nothing to do with music.

"I felt like Michael Jordan can do any and everything," Kendrick said.
"I think that's what prompted me, without even him being involved in music, that's what prompted me to do music and want to be the best at it. 'Cause I always felt like whatever he did, he wanted to be the best at it whether that was basketball, baseball, selling shoes. He's the best at everything. That was definitely my hero."

Other topics Kendrick touched on were his childhood, discovering his natural writing talent, getting in the studio for the first time, striving to be the best in his craft, and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment