Welcome To Holarn's Blog

Your one stop for the latest Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, CelebWorld and African Entertainment World.

Wednesday, June 24

Birthday Message From Bovi To Ali Baba As He clocks 50

Today Pioneer comedian, Ali
Baba turned 50, so as to appreciate him, Ace comedian, Bovi pen this down ;

"OCT 30th, 2005.... Around 10pm;alibaba walked up to me and said "you're funny. You should do standup comedy. You're funnier than many of the guys already out there. You even funny pass
*************" . Well, it wasn't
until 2008 I chose to make the very
bold move.


3 years later. In those three years I
had had trouble sleeping each
night I watched other comedians.
And his words echoed repeatedly
in my head. The night he saw me,
it was at an arts exhibition. The mc
was doing a bad job. There was an
interlude. But there was nothing to
fill the space. So I grabbed the mic,
blood rushing to my head and
started to blurt out the few jokes I
knew. It was the first audience in
lagos I had ever faced as a standup
comedian (save for a private party
in December 2004). The audience
stared at me, either out of pity or
curiosity. But not out of interest.
The jokes were funny but I wasn't.
However the bespectacled alibaba
looked on with his hand to his chin
and a permanent smile. He was the
only source of encouragement in
this firing squad. Soon it was over
and just as the event rounded off
and guests made their way outside,
he walked up to me and said those
words I will never forget . "You're
funny...." Happy 50th birthday to
@alibabagcfr ."

No comments:

Post a Comment