Welcome To Holarn's Blog

Your one stop for the latest Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, CelebWorld and African Entertainment World.

Monday, June 22

My Next Album Will Be About Kindness And Pain - Selena Gomez

In new interview Selena Gomez said that her upcoming album will be about kindness and pain..

"I think there's hints of it, but I think what I was really excited about was… the rebirth of Selena," says Gomez during her interview on Monday's "On Air With Ryan Seacrest." She adds, "It's just beautiful. It's my chance to just feel like an independent artist, and I worked really hard on it. So I guess that's just the vision. It's all about my journey. It's not about something specific."

The pop star, who just released her new single "Good For You" with A$AP Rocky, also says the album will focus on her newfound sense of confidence because she's finally reached a place where she's "finding my strengths now as an artist." Gomez admits, "I'm not the best singer in the world, but I know how to translate emotion. I'm becoming a young woman, and I'm comfortable with my sensuality… I think to me that was exactly what I wanted people to see for the next chapter for me."

Gomez says the album, which does not have a name yet, is "more than 50 percent" done, but has not been given a release date yet. "I've really taken my time with this record. I have people behind me that support my vision completely, and now I'm kind of on my own in a way and this is the first time that I've ever grabbed ahold of something." She notes, "I'm not going to let anybody else try to alter my vision or tell me I need to do something. I'm very confident in this record and you can hear it." Still, she acknowledges, "I'm vulnerable, I'm real, and I think it just shows a different side of me, and I'm really excited, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

The former Disney star has clearly moved by the outpouring of support she's been receiving from fans, and wrote on Twitter shortly after her radio interview, "Thank you. This next record will be my perspective on the past two years. From kindness to pain. This is me."

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment