Welcome To Holarn's Blog

Your one stop for the latest Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, CelebWorld and African Entertainment World.

Sunday, March 22

Steven Gerrard Apologises To His Fans And Team-mates For Dramatic Sent Off Against Manchester United

Liverpool captain and England player Steven Gerrard who was sent off against Manchester United in today game has apologised to fans and his team-mates for his dramatic action...

According to the story; Just 48 seconds after being brought on at half time, Gerrard stamped on United's Ander Herrera and was sent off by referee Martin Atkinson.

"I need to accept it, the decision was right," Gerrard told Sky Sports. "I've let down my team-mates and the supporters. I take full responsibility.

"I've been in the game long enough when you do something like that. I take full responsibility.

"I don't know what caused it. I don't know. Probably just a reaction to the initial tackle.

"I shouldn't say more about it really, I've just come out here to apologise to the dressing room and supporters."

Gerrard's former team-mate Jamie Carragher blamed the stamp on a rush of blood to the head, saying he let his emotions get the better of him.

"A moment of madness. There is no doubt, him not playing and being on the bench today, that he is frustrated.

"Steven is an emotional player. He has taken teams into unbelievable moments and when he plays from the heart, he does special things.

"But that can also affect him negatively. He has picked up four red cards in matches against Everton and Manchester United. And there is no doubt the emotion and frustration coming into the game has contributed."

No comments:

Post a Comment